The Meaning of Some Words That Women Use
For those men out there who don’t yet understand their wives and/or
girlfriends well enough…
– This is the word women use to end an argument when they feel they
are right and you need to shut up. Never use “fine” to describe how a
woman looks – this will cause you to have one of those arguments.
– This is half an hour. It is equivalent to the five minutes that
your football game is going to last, so it’s an even trade.
– This means “something,” and you should be on your toes. “Nothing”
is usually used to describe the feeling a woman has of wanting to
turn you inside out, upside down, and backwards. “Nothing” usually
signifies an argument that will last “Five Minutes” and end
“GO AHEAD” (With Raised Eyebrows!)
– This is a dare. One that will result in a woman getting upset
over “Nothing” and will end with the word “Fine”
“GO AHEAD” (Normal Eyebrows)
– This means “I give up” or “do what you want because I don’t care”
You will get a “Raised Eyebrow Go Ahead” in just a few minutes,
followed by “Nothing” and “Fine” and she will talk to you in
about “Five Minutes” when she cools off.
– This is not actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often
misunderstood by men. A “Loud Sigh” means she thinks you are an idiot at
that moment, and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and
arguing with you over “Nothing”
– Again, not a word, but a non-verbal statement. “Soft Sighs” mean
that she is content. Your best bet is to not move or breathe, and she will
– This is one of the most dangerous statements that a woman can make to a
man. “That’s Okay” means that she wants to think long and hard before
paying you back for whatever it is that you have done. “That’s Okay” is
often used with the word “Fine” and in conjunction with a “Raised
– At some point in the near future, you are going to be in some
mighty big trouble.
– This is not a statement, it is an offer. A woman is giving you the
chance to come up with whatever excuse or reason you have for doing
whatever it is that you have done. You have a fair chance with the truth,
so be careful and you shouldn’t get a “That’s Okay”
– A woman is thanking you. Do not faint! Just say “You’re welcome”.
“THANKS A LOT”
– This is much different from “Thanks.” A woman will say, “Thanks A
Lot” when she is really ticked off at you. It signifies that you have
offended her in some callous way, and will be followed by the “Loud Sigh.”
Be careful not to ask what is wrong after the “Loud Sigh,” as she will
only tell you “Nothing”
This page was last updated September 1, 2004.