College entrance exam for student athletes
Time Limit: 3 WEEKS
- What language is spoken in France?
- Give a dissertation on the ancient Babylonian Empire with
particular reference to architecture, literature, law and
social conditions -OR- Give the first name of Pierre Trudeau.
- Would you ask William Shakespeare to
____ (a) build a bridge
____ (b) sail the ocean
____ (c) lead an army or
____ (d) WRITE A PLAY
- What religion is the Pope? (check only one)
____ (a) Jewish
____ (b) Catholic
____ (c) Hindu
____ (d) Polish
____ (e) Agnostic
- Metric conversion. How many feet is 0.0 meters?
- What time is it when the big hand is on the 12 and the
little hand is on the 5?
- How many commandments was Moses given? (approximately)
- What are people in America’s far north called?
____ (a) Westerners
____ (b) Southerners
____ (c) Northerners
- Spell — Bush, Carter and Clinton
- Six kings of England have been called George, the last
one being George the Sixth. Name the previous five.
- Where does rain come from?
____ (a) Macy’s
____ (b) Kmart
____ (c) Canada
____ (d) the sky
- Can you explain Einstein’s Theory of Relativity?
____ (a) yes
____ (b) no
- What are coat hangers used for?
- The Star Spangled Banner is the National Anthem for
- Explain Le Chateliers Principle of Dynamic
Equilibrium -OR- spell your name in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Where is the basement in a three story building located?
- Which part of America produces the most oranges?
____ (a) New York
____ (b) Florida
____ (c) Canada
____ (d) Wisconsin
- Advanced math. If you have three apples, how many apples
do you have?
- What does NBC (National Broadcasting Corp.) stand for?
- The Cornell University tradition for efficiency began
____ (a) B.C
____ (b) A.D.
This page was last updated December 1, 2002.