Things go better with coke
Just when you thought you knew everything….
- In many states the highway patrol carries two gallons of
Coke in the trunk to remove blood from the highway after a
- You can put a T-bone steak in a bowl of coke and it will
be gone in two days.
- To clean a toilet: Pour a can of Coca-Cola into the
toilet bowl… Let the “real thing” sit for one hour, then
- The citric acid in Coke removes stains from vitreous china.
- To remove rust spots from chrome car bumpers: Rub the
bumper with a crumpled-up piece of Reynolds Wrap aluminum
foil dipped in Coca-Cola.
- To clean corrosion from car battery terminals: Pour a can
of Coca-Cola over the terminals to bubble away corrosion.
- To loosen a rusted bolt: Applying a cloth soaked in
Coca-Cola to the rusted bolt for several minutes.
- To remove grease from clothes: Empty a can of coke into a
load of greasy clothes, add detergent, and run through a
regular cycle. The Coca-Cola will help loosen grease stains.
It will also clean road haze from your windshield.
- The active ingredient in Coke is phosphoric acid. Its pH
is 2.8. It will dissolve a nail in about 4 days.
- To carry Coca Cola syrup (the concentrate) the commercial
truck must use the Hazardous material place cards reserved
for Highly Corrosive materials.
- The distributors of coke have been using it to clean the
engines of their trucks for about 20 years!
This page was last updated August 1, 2002.