Is your cat normal?
How to tell if your cat has a problem?
Ask yourself the following questions:
If you answered "yes" to most of these questions ...
- Does your cat sleep 22 hours a day, and spend the other two hours in
- Does your cat take frequent naps in annoying places, such as in
the center of the dinner table, in the kitchen sink, or on top of
your freshly-cleaned-of-hair (and favorite) bedspread?
- Is your cat selfish? Conceited? Arrogant? Aloof? Insensitive?
- Does he wake you up in the middle of the night and refuse to stop
meowing until you accompany him to his food bowl to watch him eat?
- Does your cat tear down holiday decorations? Does he destroy any
stuffed toy or cat-sized household ornament which might be
misconstrued as his competition?
- Does your cat perceive himself to be sole owner of all property?
Does he often show disdain for your taste, or act as if you are an
embarrassment to him?
Relax, your cat is normal.
This page was last updated March 1, 2008.