You know you're from Massachusetts if:
For many years I lived in Massachusetts. People there are just like everyone every
where else except that they aren't. What are they like? Well, for example, ...
- You think if someone is nice to you they either want something or they are from out of town
- The public transportation system is known as the "T" and you'd rather drive in bumper to
bumper traffic for 4 hours to get to Boston than be caught dead on the "orange line"
- You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house
- There are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 15 minutes of your house and that is how you give
- If you stay on the same road long enough it eventually has three different names
- 53 degrees is "on the warm side"
- You've walked to Brighams for an ice cream cone "to go" in the snow
- You cringe everytime you hear some actor/actress imitate the"Boston Accent" on TV
- You call chocolate sprinkles "jimmies"
- A Water fountain is called a Bubbler. Say it "Bubbla"
- You can go from one side of town to the other in less than fifteen minutes
- You know how to pronounce towns like Worcester, Haverhill, Peabody, Scituate, Chatham,
- You know what they sell at a "packie"
- You keep an ice scraper in your car all year round
- Paranoia sets in when you can't see a Dunkin Donuts, ATM or CVS (Hyannis has 5 DD, 2
- You've pulled out of a side street and used your car to block oncoming traffic so you can make
You've bragged about saving money at The Christmas Tree Shop
- You know what a "regular coffee" is!
You can navigate a rotary without a problem
- You use the words "wicked" and "good" in the same sentence
- You know what a frappe is
- Saint Patrick's Day is your second favorite holiday
- You drink tonic and would never consider using it on your hair
- You never say "Cape Cod" you say "The Cape"
- You went to Old Sturbridge Village and Plymouth Plantation at least once, in elementary
school, but never to Bunker Hill
- You know the Mass Pike and 495 create some sort of strange weather dividing line
- You actually get all these jokes and pass them on!
This page was last updated July 1, 2006.