Are you a true South Dakotan
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE South Dakotan WHEN:
- "Vacation" means going east or west on I-90 for the weekend.
- You measure distance in hours.
- You know several people who have hit a deer more than once.
- You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back
- You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging
- You see people wearing camouflage at social events (including
- You install security lights on your house and garage and leave
- You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows
to use them.
- You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
- Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are
- You know all 4 seasons: almost winter, winter, still winter
- Your idea of creative landscaping is a statue of a deer next
- You were unaware that there is a legal drinking age.
- Down south to you means Kansas.
- A brat is something you eat.
- Your neighbor throws a party to celebrate his new pole shed.
- You go out to a tail gate party every Friday.
- Your 4th of July picnic was moved indoors due to frost.
- You have more miles on your snow blower than your car.
- You find 0 degrees "a little chilly."
- You actually understand these jokes, and you forward them to
South Dakotan friends.
This page was last updated September 1, 2005.