Are you a geezer? Do you think you might be a geezer? Take this
test and find out.
1. In the 1940's, where were automobile headlight dimmer
a. On the floor shift knob
b. On the floor board, to the left of the clutch
c. Next to the horn
2. The bottle top of a Royal Crown Cola bottle had holes
in it. For what was it used?
a. Capture lightning bugs
b. To sprinkle clothes before ironing
c. Large salt shaker
3. Why was having milk delivered a problem in northern
a. Cows got cold and wouldn't produce milk
b. Ice on highways forced delivery by dog sled
c. Milkmen left deliveries outside of front doors and
milk would freeze, expanding and pushing up the
cardboard bottle top.
4. What was the popular chewing gum named for a game of
5. What method did women use to look as if they were
wearing stockings when none were available due to
rationing during W.W.II?
b. Leg painting
c. Wearing slacks
6. What postwar car turned automotive design on its ear
when you couldn't tell whether it was coming or going?
b. Nash Metro
7. Which was a popular candy when you were a kid?
a. Strips of dried peanut butter
b. Chocolate licorice bars
c. Wax coke-shaped bottles with colored sugar water
8. How was Butch wax used?
a. To stiffen a flat-top haircut so it stood up
b. To make floors shiny and prevent scuffing
c. On the wheels of roller skates to prevent rust
9. Before inline skates, how did you keep your roller
skates attached to your shoes?
a. With clamps, tightened by a skate key
b. Woven straps that crossed the foot.
c. Long pieces of twine
10. As a kid, what was considered the best way to reach
a. Consider all the facts
b. Ask Mom
11. What was the most dreaded disease in the 1940's?
12. "I'll be down to get you in a ________, Honey"
13. What was the name of Caroline Kennedy's pet pony?
a. Old Blue
14. What was a Duck-and-Cover Drill?
a. Part of the game of hide and seek
b. What you did when your mom called you in to do chores
c. Hiding under your desk, and covering your head with
your arms in an A-bomb drill
15. What was the name of the Indian Princess on the
Howdy Doody show?
a. Princess Summerfallwinterspring
b. Princess Sacajewea
c. Princess Moonshadow
16. What did all the really savvy students do when
mimeographed tests were handed out in school?
a. Immediately sniffed the purple ink, as this was
believed to get you high
b. Made paper airplanes to see who could sail theirs out
c. Wrote another pupil's name on the top, to avoid your
17. Why did your mom shop in stores that gave Green
Stamps with purchases?
a. To keep you out of mischief by licking the backs,
which tasted like bubble gum
b. They could be put in special books and redeemed for
various household items
c. They were given to the kids to be used as stick-on
18. Praise the Lord, and pass the _________?
19. What was the name of the singing group that made the
song "Cabdriver" a hit?
a. The Ink Spots
b. The Supremes
c. The Esquires
20. Who left his heart in San Francisco?
a. Tony Bennett
b. Zavier Cugat
c. George Gershwin
This page was last updated June 1, 2003.