A Quiz For People Who Know Everything
- There's one "sport" in which neither the spectators nor the
participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.
What is it?
- What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?
- Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own
for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted
every year. What are the two perennial vegetables?
- Name the only sports in which the ball is always in possession of
the team on defense, and the offensive team can score without touching
- What fruit has its seeds on the outside?
- In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with
a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the
bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way. How did the pear
get inside the bottle?
- Only three words in standard English begin with the letters
"dw". They are all common. Name two of them.
- There are eighteen punctuation marks in English grammar. Can
you name half of them?
- Where are the lakes that are referred to in the "Los Angeles Lakers"?
- There are seven ways a baseball player can legally reach first base
without getting a hit. Taking a base on balls - a walk - is one way.
Name the other six.
- It's the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned,
processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What is it?
- Name six or more things that you can wear on your feet that begin
with the letter "S".
This page was last updated December 1, 2003.